Monday, September 9, 2013

Worst Blogger Ever Award

...goes to ME!

I win. Or lose, depending how you look at it. To say that life has certainly been overwhelming - in the best way possible - would be an understatement, but at least I am enjoying every bit of this crazy ride. It's absurd to think that I've been back in California for two months now (as of tomorrow!), and that I've been at the new job for about seven weeks (also as of tomorrow).

Orientation for new students at Marymount!

This past weekend, I was in Texas for a sorority board meeeting. I love these women and am so excited when I get to spend 40 glorious hours with them. I packed running shoes, and clothes, and set the alarm... and never made it to the hotel gym either morning. The first morning I was a little irritated and the second morning I didn't really care. And that's okay. I need to find my place again and maybe right now, I just need to settle into it. I'll find that place again! 


 Being back in the same city/area/time zone as the boyfriend is pretty also freaking fantastic. My Friday evenings are at high school football games, where he coaches, and reliving spending high school days cheering him on as he played! It's fun times - and quite the trip as well. Part of getting into this groove with running lately is also figuring out how to balance work, a commute, and a social life. It's trickier than I thought and makes me realize how much running in Georgia was my social life. And that was okay, and it worked -- but here I have more of a balancing act to do! I'll figure it out in time!



Friday night lights.
Running has certainly taken a backseat in this life - mostly to the fact that I'm spending three (yes, three) hours in the car each day on the commute to and from my job. While it's not ideal, and far from that, I'm doing some major financial recovery and that, my friends, is a definite perk. I'm saving lots, paying off the debt, and making some progress towards some financial goals (namely, having a savings account again). So, it's a pain, but there are benefits to come, for sure.


Training for RnRLV is technically under way, but the last two weeks have been a struggle to find that training regimen groove again. As of this week, I start what will be my normal work hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 11 am to 7 pm. So I have mornings to still peel myself out of bed and go run, but have some recovery and down time afterwards. I don't have to peel myself out of bed at 5:30, but even 7 works! This makes me super excited - not to mention that I'll never drive during rush hour again. Woo!
Training update and plan to come on Wednesday. Because I'm back. And plan on actually blogging again - just you wait and see!

When you changed lifestyles (work, social life, etc.), how did you adjust your running? Tips?



2 comments:

  1. I think it's really cute that you go to watch the football games that he's coaching! I'm a dorky romantic though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sound like your settling in just fine:) may not be exactly what you envisioned, but you sound happy. and that's what really matters. as cheesy as it sounds!

    ReplyDelete