Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Holiday Gift Guide 2015 | Runner Accessories & Fun

I love tapping my Sweat Pink sisters to share their holiday must-haves and favorites. Today, it's Kristen who blogs at Run Away With Me from way up north - but I'll let her tell you all the fun stuff!

Holiday Gift Guide for Runners - Accessories & Fun

Hello!  I’m Kristen, and I blog over at Run Away With Me.  I’m a runner and hiker from Anchorage, Alaska!  I’ve been a runner for the past 3 years, and I have to admit that when I first started running I thought that it was the cheapest sport ever.  I mean, all you need is a good pair of shoes, right?  But with time I’ve learned that runners always “need” a little something extra! 

We are always looking for the best accessories to make a run as fun and stress-free as possible.  Over the past few years I’ve received some great running accessories as gifts, and these are my favorites!  Make sure to include these on your holiday gift list this year!

1.      A good headlamp:  It’s dark all winter long here in Alaska, so I knew I needed a headlamp to make it through outdoor winter running.  Last year, my big Christmas present was this Black Diamond Cosmo Headlamp (insert this link:  http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en/headlamps-and-lanterns/cosmo-BD620614_cfg.html#cgid=lighting&start=7)!  I agonized over the different headlamp companies and options forever, but I settled on that one and I’m really glad I did.  It’s super bright and I love the features it has – like a locking feature for when you travel so it won’t accidently turn on and lose battery.



2.      A perfect headband: I feel like no matter what the weather is, I’m constantly trying to keep the hair out of my face.  Plus it doesn’t hurt if a headband is cute and colorful!  For warmer or indoor runs, I like to run with Sweaty Bands, A Rose So Sweet, or BAMR Bands!  If it’s cold out, I recommend anything by the C9 Collection at Target.

3.      A place to store your stuff:  When I run, I like to drive to a safe and busy location where I can start and end my run in a populated area.  That means I’ve got my car keys with me, as well as my cell phone.  An easy way to store these things out of the way is with my Nathan Mirage Pack (insert this link:  http://www.nathansports.com/gear/training-paks-belts/mirage-pak).  It doesn’t bounce at all, and it’s big enough to hold my keys and my phone.  And it’s so slim that it actually fits underneath most of my running shirts and no one even knows I’ve got it on – unless I want to rock that '80s look! :)


4.      A way to keep warm:  My favorite cold weather running and hiking accessories are my running “scarves”!  I’ve got a few different kinds that work in different types of weather.  My favorite one to use when it’s above 15 degrees is this trail scarf from Run Pretty Far (insert this link: http://runprettyfar.com/collections/trailgear/products/mountains-are-calling), which actually has my favorite quote on it.  For colder runs check out the Buff website (insert this link: http://buffusa.com) for thicker wool and fleece options.  They are versatile and can be used as scarves, face coverings, and even headbands when you get hot!


5.      A race to run:  My goal is to run a race in all 50 states, and that’s a lot of race registrations!  If you want to save a bit of money, asking for a race registration is a great gift idea.  Some suggestions from me include a Ragnar Relay, any race in Disney, or one of the Vacation Races  races.  I ran the Zion Half Marathon in March and had the most incredible experience.  I’m hoping that someone will buy me the Yellowstone Half Marathon registration this year!




Thanks for checking out some of my favorite things!  What’s on your Christmas list this year?  If you could put any race on your gift list, what would it be?

Make sure you follow Kristen and all her Alaska adventures: Blog | Twitter | Instagram

-----


4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for letting me guest post for you! Hope you have a great holiday season and get everything on your list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you did - love your post and it got some great hits! Have a great holiday season as well! See you around Bib Rave, too! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks to share this very useful blog with us
    ไฮโล

    ReplyDelete
  3. และก็การรถเช่ารายวันยังนำมาซึ่งการก่อให้เกิดคุณค่ากับตัวเราได้มากกว่าการซื้อรถยนต์ใช้เอง และทำให้เรามีเวลาอยู่กับครอบครัวหรือคนที่เรารักได้มากมากขึ้น ซึ่งถ้าหากแลเห็นแล้วว่าการเช่ารถรายวันได้ประโยชน์ สูงสุดมากไม่น้อยเลยทีเดียวขนาดนี้แล้วทุกๆคนจำต้องหันมาใช้บริการการเช่ารถรายวันให้เยอะขึ้นเพื่อความสบายสำหรับในการเดินทางแล้วก็แนวทางการทำธุระ

    บริษัทรถเช่า
    รถเช่าสุวรรณภูมิ
    รถเช่าระหว่างซ่อม
    รถเช่าไม่ใช้บัตรเครดิต
    เช่ารถเก๋ง
    รถรับส่งสนามบิน

    ReplyDelete