Wednesday, December 21, 2011

#reverbbroads11: Artsy Fartsy

I'm participating in #ReverbBroads11, a month of blog prompts promised to be silly and reflective. I seem to be following an every-other-day pattern, so I apologize. I'll try and get better! December 20 prompt: Life is a work of art, or so they say.  What beauty do you regularly appreciate/revere in your life? (via Neha)


I've never been the most artistic person. And honestly, with that, I can say I didn't really have a true appreciation for any sort of artistic talent - paintings, dance, song, whatever. I like(d) songs, I like(d) watching people dance, but couldn't say I honestly appreciated it. I played the clarinet for four months in the fourth grade; I kind of refused to practice, so that was the end of that. I grew up playing soccer, but was part of a dancing/singing group for a few years in elementary school. Couldn't tell you I was any good at it, but I knew the choreography! I would say now, that an accurate statement for me is that I appreciate talent. Mostly because I still have none.

Like this: such a random, but SO COOL, talent. How do you discover/learn you can do this?!:


When I saw the Rockettes a few weekens ago, I was truly in awe at some of the skill of these women. And made me sincerely jealous, since I have not a single ounce of dancing gene in my body:



So, while I wish I had a talent of my own, I can appreciate others. Moreso than ever before, mostly because I wish I had my own. 





No comments:

Post a Comment