While I did that footstool a few months ago (not challenging), I knew this baby would be a little on the complicated side for two reasons: one, look at all that piping! And two, just look at the arms - this wasn't gonna be a fold-the-fabric-under-and-staple-it-there kinda piece. I learned that mostly as I was stripping the dang thing!
So here I am, a few weeks (two weeks, to be precise) after stripping it and am finally near the end - I know, I missed the middle update but that's too bad. A few photos to show where I'm at!
|Many thanks to the person that last covered this piece, who used some cord pieces to actually create the piping. Made my handiwork so much easier!|
|I hot glued the ends of each cord to hold in place before I sewed the tube closed for each piece.|
|The bulk of this weekend's work - the arms! Three pieces each, hand sewn. Yep, I was hating myself right about now.|
|But LOOK! This isn't even on the bench, this is just sitting on my couch.|