The amazing Gina at Noshing on Asphalt nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Gina is actually one of my inspiring newly-found blogger friends, both here and from #sweatpink. She just kicked tail at her first full, MCM this past weekend, which she ran for her fallen brother and some other men killed with him in action. Inspiring, and I love the story behind it, as hard as it is (I imagine).
This is an award that’s been circulating in the blogging community and allows people to recognize someone that’s inspired them. What I love about this ‘award’ is that it allows you to get to know me better through me listing a series of random things about myself - doesn't this sound like fun?
1. I have major texture issues when it comes to food. It took me awhile to identify them, but now that I have... you get to learn my oddities. Creamy foods with chunks of stuff in freaks me out (i.e. clam chowder) because you never know when those chunks will show up. However, chunky foods that have a cream base are totes okay (i.e. cottage cheese). Weird, no?
2. I'm a crazy to-do lister. When I was an undergrad, I wouldn't make plans with you unless I had my planner in front of me so I could tell you what was what and where I was. I'm not nearly as bad now (mostly because my life is running and work and the dog park), but I still function off to-do lists. It's great at times, but yes... I overwhelm myself.
3. If you haven't been paying attention, I'm running full marathon #1 on February 3, 2013! I registered this past May, knowing full well that it'd take me 9 months to get physically, let alone mentally, ready for doing this. Surf City, here I come!
4. I'm terrified of the dark. I mean, not really, I don't mind the dark, I just have (what I call) an over-active imagination. Shapes and figures and shadows and creepy murder stories get the best of me -- therefore, I watch no scary movies, and I avoid anything CSI-esque. No thank you.
5. I bite my nails and have ever since I was a kid. My mom used to try using that clear, bitter nail polish -- didn't work. I'd bite right through it. Now the only way for me to leave 'em alone is if they're polished, so it is a rare day that you will see my nails naked. Today I'm rocking a dark purple French mani. Love colored Frenches, so much more fun than white!
This week, I'm nominating Katy Beth over at Curly Runner Bug. She's a friend from undergrad, but we've reconnected lately thanks to the wonders of Twitter and blogging and the fun that running can be (it brings people together! Dawwww). She's heading down to Surf City to run the half, so I'll see her for the first time in years in February! KB rocks my socks and has been an incredible source of motivation & inspiration over the last year. AND she just nailed her sub-2 hour half marathon this past weekend at her half marathon #10. TEN! Amazing.