Monday, December 31, 2012

December Recap

december.

Total run mileage: 113.13     highest monthly mileage ever!
Highest weekly run mileage: 
  35.47   highest weekly mileage ever! 
# Runs: 17
# Rest days: 13
# Cross-training workouts:5
# Races: 3 
Favorite run: The Walton County Half. I felt so strong the whole race, put my 4-1 interval training to good use, and while it wasn't a smashing PR (just 49 seconds off), it was a PR nonetheless. I think the best part was pushing a lady to a nearly 5-minute PR when she didn't think she could pull it off. So much fun, not to mention a beautiful morning in Georgia countryside. And you know... the first-place age group win didn't hurt too much either!

Most hardcore run: The 17 miler, obviously! That was the first huge mental test of marathon training - the 20 miler this weekend was hard but good, but doing 17 miles by yourself on a Saturday morning really pushes your limits. It was then that I knew that I was making progress, making the work count and that if I put my mind to it, it would happen and I could do it. Cliched, I know... but so true.

Current reads: Guh, nothing this month. Failing at the book reading goal still. Oh well?

Current obsession: Getting in as much home time as I can. It's been a great trip, it's been great being home and I'm just trying to soak up every minute of it while I can. 

Current drink: Water. It's hard at home, while we're out and about, to make sure I'm drinking the same amount of water as I do when I sit at a desk all day chugging bottle after bottle. Only home for a next few days, but man! I need to get on this and make sure I stay in the habit and don't fall off the tracks.

Current song: No songs - looking forward to finding new music for the running playlist over the next few weeks. I've got some steady songs that will never leave the list, but there are quite a few that I'm getting bored with. Suggestions, friends?

Current need:This cold to go away! And for my suitcase to pack itself, preferably.

Current triumph: My first 100-mile month ever! I'm so excited - I knew that given that last run was 20-miles (and even only doing 15 of it), I only had to run 3 miles to break 100. So excited, so proud, can't believe I made it! 

And with that, through the longest month of marathon training. Two more weeks of hardcore work to get done, three weeks to taper, and then it's race weekend. WHERE have the last 18 weeks gone, but seriously?
On the run that broke 100!

Current bane of my existence:This head cold that I will not let ruin my new year! Or that pesky red-eye flight home tomorrow...

Current goal: Still identifying all my goals for 2013. I've got a few (though not as many as 2012), but need to fine-tune some plans and details. Stay tuned later this week!


What are your biggest accomplishments from this month?





No comments:

Post a Comment