Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday Favorites: Santa Hustle Half Marathon

I'm starting a new Friday Favorites series, featuring some exciting upcoming races to show off, things I'm loving lately, and the like. The Santa Hustle (Buena Park edition) is just three weeks away, so I'm excited to talk all about this one and convince you to come run with me!


I've wanted to do a Santa Hustle race for forever - the Tennessee race was on my list for what turned out to be my last winter in Georgia, and I'm bummed I didn't make it happen (mostly because then I could have crossed Tennessee off the 50 States list, but also because I love love love all things holiday and running related). So when they finally announced that they were expanding westward (all other races are in the midwest/south), I was beyyyoonnnddd excited - count me in!

The race offers both a 5K and a half marathon, with similar perks for both, and then some additional goodies for the half marathoners:

  • Dri-fit hoodie
  • Santa beard
  • Santa hat

Half marathoners also receive a medal and one admission ticket to Knott’s Berry Farm included in the price, good for any three (!) days from December 11th-15th. 5Kers can reveive admissions tickets via their registration page at a discounted rate, too. 

To boot, the courses are fast, flat and awesome - the 5K weaves through Knotts Berry Farm for almost the entire first mile, then comes out of the park and runs through Buena Park back up to the start. 

The half marathon starts at the same location as the 5K (fnishes too), but exits a different place out of the park just after mile 1 and into the city of Buena Park. The middle miles are all city streets, but knowing the area are super flat, and fast and super PR-able for us all - perfect Christmas presents! 


Both courses also feature cookie and candy cane stations! Hi, hello, what more could you want from aid stations? I'll take cookies anyway (#willrunforcookies) and am pretty excited to see what they've gotten in store for us on December 14!

Registration is open through December 12, but the prices go up in just two weeks, so make sure you get in sooner rather than later!

5K 
$45.00 Oct. 1- Nov.29
$50.00 Nov. 30- Dec. 12
Half Marathon
$95.00 Oct. 1- Nov.29
$100.00 Nov. 30- Dec. 12
Use code MEGJOHNSTONBP for $5 off either the half OR the 5K - and let me know if you'll be there! Sorry, easterners, the code is only good for the 2014 Buena Park race. 
While you're busy planning your holiday race outfit, you can also visit the Santa Store and check out some things that might contribute - I'm eye-balling those striped socks and can't wait to get my hands on them! Bonus: you can order their past-year Santa dri-fit long sleeve shirts for just $5 a pop. If I can convince Doug to go as Santa, it's totally happening. 
Are you a holiday race lover just as much as I am? Will I see you in Buena Park?


No comments:

Post a Comment