Friday, June 3, 2016

Friday Favorites #20


It's a short week in real life, but in work life, it's still a five-day work week for this girl over here. But that's okay - it's still FRIDAY and that's still happy, even if I am working 12 hours tomorrow before heading down to San Diego for all the fun.

Lots of happiness and fun things this week. First and foremost:

1. HAPPY NATIONAL DONUT DAY!
The best day of the year dedicated to the best, sweetest breakfast treat ever. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed I forgot it was donut day because I fully intended on bringing a box to work... and then totally and completely forgot about it. Fail.


Tomorrow, I shall hav a belated celebration and still eat donuts.

2. Rock 'n Roll San Diego 
Because I can't keep talking about it, duh. The weekend is finally here! If you recall, last year was the epic year where I ran a 2:12 in someone else's shoes, in a brand I never wear (Asics) and still had a pretty good day doing it.

This year, coming out of this slump, I'm just looking forward to having a fun run. I can't wait to check out the new course, seeing all kinds of #RocknBlog friends, running with Ashley (finally!) and hanging out with some of the cool kids at the We Run Social meet up. It's gonna be all kinds of good times and if you're in the neck of the woods for RnRSD weekend, you sure as heck better check it out. Be there.



3. Summertime Beverages
Last summer throughout orientation, I frequented our on-campus Starbucks. Like a lot. While my go-to cold drink is a java chip frapp (helloooo chocolate!) or a shaken passion tea lemonade (sweetened, please), our campus baristas would always recommend new blends or mixtures, just to change things up a bit. The drink of choice soon became a strawberry acai refresher with a pump of raspberry. Go get one. You're welcome.


I'm having my first of the summer this morning and while it's way sweeter than I remember, it is way freaking delicious!

And last but not least, a little gem for you.

4. Nostalgia
I've been digging through photos to use for our wedding website that Kasey is so generously working on for us and found a ton of total gems. Mind you, there are thousands of photos given how long Doug and I have been together, but there's a few that always stand out. We always have our favorites, right?


This is from when Doug came to visit me in Flagstaff our freshman year of college. The Grand Canyon had just gotten a dusting of snow, and it was his first time ever going up there, and my first time ever seeing it with snow. It was just beautiful - but look what babies we were! :) Aaaaah, the nostalgia. <3


What are you loving this week?


-

1 comment: