The work out that morning was a mile warm up, 3 miles at race pace with 1-minute rest inbetween, and 1 mile cool-down. Check it outttttt:
Joining us for Track Tuesday this week? Make sure you link up!
Earlier this week, I Run With It nominated me for a Leibster Award! This is basically a pass-along award for bloggers – kind of like the new version of those meme quizzes that were all the rage (do you prefer hugging or kissing?). So the rules are that I answer her fabulous 11 questions, post 11 random facts about me, and ask 11 more questions to the bloggers I tag.
Why 11? Who knows, but you'll do it. And enjoy.
11 Questions from I Run With It
- If you could run any race in the world (money/qualification is no object), which race would you run? My current obsession is the Caribbean Islands Marathon Cruise. Yes, please! But also, I really want to go run the Budapest Marathon. And the Great Wall Marathon. Okay, can I just run all of them?
- What’s the weirdest thing you ever saw on a run? Oh gosh, I don't know. I run in a pretty heavily residential area, but also one that's got patches of trees and wooded areas, so it doesn't really phase me to see random road trash, and gosh knows what else. I couldn't think of the 'weirdest' though!
- Cake or pie? Cake. Always.
- What’s the least successful/craziest diet you’ve ever tried? I can't say I've ever been on a 'diet.'
- What’s your favorite cross training activity? Or do you just run? My only regular cross-training activity is cycling (at the gym). One day I'll have the courage to start swimming again, and/or find something else fun to do.
- What song never fails to pump you up? Thrift Shop. Current guilty pleasure.
- What’s your favorite vegging out snack? Pickles. Pickle spears, specifically, by my dear friends at Claussen. I like pickles that crunch and are crispy. And their spears are my fave!
- Yoga pants: only for yoga or always appropriate? I'm by means no yogi, but they're so dang comfortable! But no, I don't wear them in public.
- Around the house: shoes, slippers, socks or bare feet? There is no regular, honestly. It's rarely just socks, it's never shoes, and probably changes between slippers and bare feet. I'm indecisive, what can I say?
- What’s your favorite race/running picture (of yourself)? This one!
11. When’s your favorite time for a long run? Morning, hands down. I hate wasting a day with running for two hours smack in the middle of the day. So silly! There's nothing like the accomplishment of starting a day (or weekend) with a good, solid workout.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I'm on a quest to get to all 50 states by the time I'm 30. I have 19 states to go (mostly on the east coast, funny enough) and two and a half years left. Ready to get to work!
- My younger sister lives in New York City and I'm so proud of her for up-rooting herself and finding a new home that she is loving and living every minute of.
- I've broken one bone: my arm, right at my elbow, by falling off the monkey bars in first grade. My cast was hot pink!
- I have a food texture issue - simply defined, I don't like things that are more creamy in consistency but have chunky stuff in them (i.e. clam chowder), but I'm totally okay with stuff that's more chunky in consistency and has a cream base (i.e. cottage cheese). Make sense? No? I didn't think so, but go with it, okay? :)
- My biggest pet peeve in life (among others) are folks who don't turn off their turn signal.
- I say y’all in real life (a lot). I said it in undergrad, just because I picked it up, but I didn't hear it a lot. Since living in Texas, and especially now in Georgia, it's all I say. "You guys," the California version of such verbiage, doesn't even sound correct to me anymore (and really, let's be gender-neutral, shall we?).
- Being that I work at a college, I'm also a total nerd about visiting college campuses. There's a map I have in my office of 1200+ colleges and universities in the country and I've got a sticker on each campus I've been to. Love it!
- I've watched all of How I Met Your Mother, just through repeats, and therefore never in succession. I'm finally all the way through Season 2 on Netflix... in order.
- I'm competitive. Like, really competitive. The concept of running my own race, though I know it's mentally healthier, is really difficult!
- My first pet was a rabbit named Snowy. Contradictory to what you might think, she was not all white.
- When I'm tired, I can sleep just about anywhere, sitting upright, or in a ball on the floor. It will surprise you.
11 Questions for My Favorites (that's you!)
- What's your biggest food weakness? That one thing that you'd never be able to stop eating, despite what a diet might tell you?
- Favorite beverage of all time?
- Backstreet Boys, N Sync, or 98 Degrees? (I love me some 90's boy bands)
- When did you start running?
- What is your favorite race distance?
- Would you consider yourself a Phoebe, Monica, or Rachel?
- Are there any textures (food or otherwise) that weird you out?
- What was your first pet?
- Your number one desired travel spot?
- If you could go back to school and get your degree in anything, what would you do?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
The Others (awesome bloggers who I read – and you should, too!)
- Chandler T
- Life is an Adventure
- Boston Bound Brunette
- Noshing on Asphalt
- Planes, Trains and Running Shoes
- Curly Runner Bug