Monday, March 4, 2013

February Recap

february.

Total run mileage: 45
Highest weekly run mileage: 
31 (keep in mind that was the first weekend in february, which so happened to be marathon weekend...)
# Runs: 7
# Rest days: LOTS! 20
# Cross-training workouts: 2
# Races: 2
     - Surf City Marathon

Favorite run: Surf City, as if you expected any less. I have a lot of post-race and post-race-month thoughts, but that's for another post. I'm a marathoner. And I have Surf City to thank. But even that, it was a personally fabulous weekend, running with an amazing group of women I'm lucky enough to call friends, having them and my family at the finish line, and knowing that I accomplished what I set out to do. You can't beat that feeling!
Most hardcore run: Did you expect a different answer? Nope, sorry. Surf City. :)

Current reads: Working on our Dean's book club read, What the Best College Students Do by Ken Bain. We meet every other Friday for a good discussion - I need to get caught up on reading a few chapters, but digging it so far.


Current obsession: Getting in as much home time as I can. It's been a great trip, it's been great being home and I'm just trying to soak up every minute of it while I can. 

Current drink: Water. It's so funny that for as sick of water as I was post-marathon (and pre-marathon, for that matter), I've been really good about sticking to it at work, and water only. At home, it's orange juice and cran-grape for splurges, but am trying to stick to my 80 oz of water a day, just to ensure I'm still taking care of myself well!

Current song: I never did a January recap, so this:
But also this:
Loving Imagine Dragons and they've made for some great additions to my running music. Check them out if you haven't yet.

Current need: To feel 100% back in this fitness game! Last week I let myself slack a little bit as I was getting back in the saddle, but now that I've got that 'easy' week under my belt, I want to know that I can jump back in and rock things. Ready to get moving and feel like myself again. I know my body needed those 20+ rest days I got in February, but man... mentally? That was rough. Worse than tapering. True story.

Current triumph: Still saying that I'm a marathoner. I don't think that will ever get old. Every time I put on my jacket, or look at the medal or look back through photos (again and again) on Facebook, it seems so real. And yet, very unreal, admittedly. Who knows when it'll sink in!
Current bane of my existence: Lots of up in the air things about what 2013 will bring me! [Insert cryptic statements here.]

Current goal: Work through these post-marathon blues (I can still have them 4 weeks later, can't I?) and getting back on track. Check out my collaborative post on motivation and struggling through it with my dear friend Amma on her blog here!

What are your biggest accomplishments from this month?





No comments:

Post a Comment