Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Track Tuesday 17

The alarm went off this morning and while I felt wide awake, the last thing I wanted to do was get to the track. I've been sleeping terribly lately and while I wanted to go straight back to sleep, I figured that wasn't really realistic. Up I went. Of course, when I got to the track and told Al that this was the last place I wanted to be today, he lit up and says "That's what I like to hear!" I knew we were in for some fun.

Per usual, I don't regret going. It was a tough workout, and certainly pushed me, but as always, I end up so much happier when I leave the track at 6:30 am and head home for my walk with the pup. Today turned out to be no different. There was a new woman, Nina, who hadn't been before, and she turned out to to be a great chaser - she was right on my heels the whole time, which worked well for me.
Today's toughie was a ladder workout, a concept still new to me (I've only done one prior): 800, 600, 600, 400, 400, 400 meters. Whew!

800m: 3:33 (7:06)
600m: 2:27 (6:37 pace)
600m: 2:40 (7:12) <-- I wanted to die here
400m:  1:32 (6:08)
400m: 1:36 (6:24)
400m: 1:32 (6:08)

Tough workout, but a great one. I hope, more than anything, that as I continue to build speed and keep this in my regimen, it'll drastically increase my speed and stamina when I get back into a training plan... sometime in the future... eventually... for now, I'm enjoying seeing the progress and being able to run 90-something-second 400s fairly consistently. Victory!

Joining us for Track Tuesday this week? Make sure you link up!






No comments:

Post a Comment