I set out with some pretty high goals for 2013, based off the high I'd come off of 2012 with. Looking back, some were totally realistic, without knowing the year I'd have ahead. Let'z check out what I got to do.
Health | Fitness
- 1,000 miles: While this would have been awesome, I'm not sure I knew what I was getting into! Jumping from 664 (2012) to 1,000 is hefty as it is. And this year, having done just 573, I was far off the mark. If I had kept on my track past June, where it all fell down, I could have come close. Is 2014 my year? Maybe!
- Sub-2 hour half marathon: Big, fat, negative.
- Sub-26 5K: So. Close. Now standing at 26:12. I've got this. Coming to you in 2014!
- VOLUNTEER with at least 2 races: I volunteered at one race this year, but never fell in line with #2. I wish I had. I was signed up to hand out medals (!) at the Long Beach Half in October, but with some family business that arose that morning, it just wasn't in the cards. Next year, I'd like to be able to give back more.
- Make time for those I love: I feel that I can cheat on this one a little, as being in the same area as my parents, Doug, grandparents, aunt, uncles again makes this easy. However, I do need to continue balancing this and finding time for everyone who deserves it. I am grateful I'm close enough to do this, but know there's more work to do!
- Journal: I wasn't great about this, but wrote about once a month. I'm already committing to write more regularly in 2014 and hope to get better and better about writing just for me.
All in all, a decent 2013. An exhausting year, on all accounts, but I'm okay with what I did do and what else I can continue working on. Bring on 2014, bring it on!
What major goals did you have for 2013? Did you achieve them?