Friday, June 6, 2014

Race Day Is Here!

 First, a super huge big birthday to my sister! She's 26 - gettin' old sis!
(I'm the older one, it's okay to say that)

And secondly... ZOMG you guys. Race day. It's here. 
I mean, tomorrow. But still.

I've done the work - it's been a short time span, but I've done it. I've nailed nearly every run I set for myself in the last 6 weeks, and minus the one week I sat out thanks to my knee, I feel good.
If anything, the last 6 weeks have taught me that when I see a goal ahead, I do what it takes to get it done. I've fought the last nine months with apathy, some laziness, a whole lot of excuses, and almost zero motivation. And all of a sudden, after Ragnar, and after Redlands, I found it. Maybe because I finally saw this as a real opportunity to make it happen. I CAN make it happen.

I feel ready.

I feel able.

I'm ready to crush it.

I know I've got this.

Sub-2, I'm coming for you.

Fontana, you will be mine!


I'm hoping Monday's post will be the good news that I did just that. ^^

On NRD, I also set out for a super awesome social run with iRunMB and met a whole bunch of the #sa2lv crazies, like these folks:

Nancy, Jessica, Bill, me, and Michael.
AND, lucky for me, after talking about PRs and my whopping goal for Fontana, Michael volunteered to pace me. He's crazy enough to suggest I run 8:45s the first half and 8:30s the second half, and I'll hit well below that 2-hour mark. I laughed. I'm not so sure about that, dude... but I'm still stoked about whatever he has me do because the first time ever, I've got a pacer. That's gotta count for something... 

Race goals? Just to put it out there.
Run smart. I haven't done that in awhile.

A) Sub-2. I don't care if it's 1:59:59. Just sub-2.

B) 2:01-2:03. That'll tell me that I'm not as far off as I think I am, and that I've got it coming. With my current PR at 2:01 on a flat course, if I can pull off 2:01 on a downhill, I've got work to do, but I've got it coming.
 
So here it is. 24 hours out and #sub2orbust comes to the fore-front again. Let's go, Fontana. Let's go.

What mantra gets you through a tough race or when you have a big goal ahead? 



2 comments: