Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Running Day + Daily Deals


Happy National Running Day!

National Running Day is in its sixth year - created in 2009, some of the country's most forefront running organizations and companies, including the Atlanta Track Club, the Bank of American Chicago Marathon, Boston Athletic Association, and many, many more celebrate our sport with thousands of runners pledging miles. Often, local running or track clubs celebrate with social runs, BBQs, and more to bring their local runners out and together. Last year, I got to run with my favorite Athens Road Runners friends and had a potluck celebration afterwards. 
NRD 2013.
Part of the other awesome part of NRD is surely the unbelievable amount of discounts and promotions that pop up all over race, apparel, and magazine sites. It's like Black Friday for runners! Curious about what kind of deals I've found? Here are some of my favorites:


You can also participate in RnR's virtual or hosted runs, including some chances to win sweet prizes - I'm headed up to Manhattan Beach tonight to join in the fun and find some local crazies like myself! See if there's any hosted runs around you here, or sign up for the virtual run!

What other deals have you found today? Share them below!


2 comments:

  1. Gah, thanks for this list! I didn't renew my Women's Running sub (it was a gift) so now I'll get it again. Great Discount!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - well today is a great day to do that! :)

      Delete