Sunday, September 20, 2015

Firefly Run Virtual Race FUN!


I've only participated in one virtual run before, and really I was doing a race of the same distance anyway, so it was just like I got double medals, but I like the idea - especially for bigger races (like Santa Hustle since it's not in California anymore!) where you just can't feasibly travel but want to 'participate' with all the perks. 

Firefly Run is no different. Though you certainly miss the perks of seeing thousands of glow-sticked, lit-up people all together, you can still participate and have your own fun because why not? 


Especially as it's starting to get dark earlier, this is still a fun way to get your run done in the evening but to spice it up a little bit too! The super fab folks at NowRuns (a partner of the Firefly Run) is offering the 5K for just $25 - complete with ALL THIS STUFF:

For just $25, you'll get:
- A race bib
- Technical race tee
- Glow in the dark medal
- Snack bag of runner-friendly snackage
- LED running armband
- A runner mystery gift! (oooh surprise!)

I think this looks like an absolute blast, considering I don't run at night, but this is something I could totally get into. Want to see what it all really looks like when it comes together? Check out the fun!



Want to join me - either virtually or somewhere in my 'hood? Register here, use code MEGAN to get your $5 off (you'll apply it after you click Check Out) and let me know if you'll be playing along! If you want to participate in the actual Firefly Run, you can check out upcoming race locations and events here

Will you run virtually with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment