Friday, April 22, 2016

Friday Favorites #17


I can't believe another Friday is here and April is almost over. Insanity -- because then that also means that OC is just a week away and ZOMG cue the nerves.

Honestly, I'm feeling great and ready for another 26.2, but you'll read more about that in a sec because you know taper time is definitely part of my faves for the day!

I'm taking myself on a 30-ish hour adventure up to Seattle for RnR in June, as of this week! 


It's our commencement weekend so orientation season will not be taking my life that weekend so I'm taking the opportunity to go hit up half marathon state #10 and get one of these fab fish medals in the process. Best yet? Free flight, free race reg through #RocknBlog and I am a freaking happy camper! 

Join me before the price increase in 4/30 -- use code RUNMEGANRUN for $15 off your entry on the half or full (there's an 8K too!). 

2. Local Scenery
I run the same routes pretty often, but it's rare that a new sight literally stops me in my tracks. The other night on a run before yoga - again, in a place I normally run, this literally caught my breath:


The purple flowers, the sunset, being able to see down in the valley was just incredible. I'm looking forward to summer when I can get more daylight runs in and find some new sights around our area too! 

3. Retreat Weekend
It's retreat weekend with my student leaders up in Big Bear - which also means new sights! We're at a camp resort center with tons of trails downtown the creek and around the lodges and even out to a lake. I'm excited for a weekend to get to know our team of 50, but also excited for some new views!

4. SOM Needs
Y'all didn't miss Pro's new Sock of the Month, did you? Hope not! Anyway, these mint with white dots are a-freaking-durable and I can't wait to rock them at OC. 


My problem is such: I need a mint tank to wear them with! Got a fave or seen some lately? Send links and recommendations my way! I've got 8 days to get myself dressed for 26.2!

5. Taper Time!
You didn't think I'd miss this, did you? Week 1 of taper time is done and I've got one more full week of runs and then it's GO TIME. 

After last weekend's kick-ass 21-miler, I've got a new sense of confidence about rockin' at OC. There are still some big goals at bay, but it's not impossible. In fact, I find it more do-able than ever. Bring it on, OC! Bring. It. On. 



What are you loving this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment