Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Track Tuesday 5


I'm pairing up with Denise at Run DMT to bring you a weekly thread where you can brag, show off, cry or celebrate your weekly  (or whenever it is) speed workout. Whether it's Monday, Tuesday, or never, you can link up (at the bottom) and tell us all about your session! 
Today's scheduled doozy was a 9 x 400 track workout at 5K pace - do-able. I've done it before, though it's been a few weeks since my last successful one (Week 6 | Week 8). With time looming until Surf City, I really want to make these count to the best of my abilities. Last week's great tempo run (albeit shortened) was a testament that I can, I just need to get in the right mindset!

What happened, you ask? OH-EM-GEE this was the best workout ever. I was a little emotionally charged from the day, and was ready to get some frustrations and extraneous mind boggle out of my head. The only way to do that? The gym, obviously.


My 9 x 400s usually go as such - 800 m warm up, 400 m repeats with 200 m rest & 400 m cool down. Tonight's splits (this is where it gets good!): 1:56, 1:55, 1:55, 1:54, 1:54, 1:48, 1:50, 1:56, 1:51! Snap! Should do track workouts while emotionally-charged more often (I kid. Sort of.) Personal best 400m at 1:48, and on set 6 no less! WHEW!

Do you do regular speedwork as part of a training plan? Did you this week? Link it up! If you post on Twitter, don't forget to use #TrackTuesday too!


And feel free to add the button to your site and entry, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment