Friday, March 18, 2016

Friday Favorites #14


 Aaaaah, Friday. This week has gone by fast - but as always, not fast enough - but I am definitely looking forward to some fun this weekend!

1. Sparkly Soul
Y'all know I pretty much have a Sparkly Soul obsession anyway. I mean, I've got probably 40 headbands hanging out under the bathroom sink and it's always fun for a race deciding which of the four shades of purple I have matches my tank best. But NOW, they've outdone themselves...


Heck freaking yes! You know I'm gonna be grabbing one of these for myself and maybe even some of my to-be-determined bridesmaids because ZOMG, love. You can find these ones here!

2. Ragnar So Cal
Ragnar is just TWO WEEKS away - how is this possible? After running So Cal in 2014, and the hot mess that it was, I swore I wouldn't do So Cal again until I'd run enough of the destinations (and I've hit Napa and Phoenix since, so that's cool) - but some of my favorite people from my run club are forming team #SWAGNARstrikesback, so who was I to say no?


I've got 22 miles over our two days between Huntington Beach and San Diego, which is perfect for a solid long week of training for OC. Solid. Bring it on, Ragnar! 

3. Hot Chocolate San Diego
Tomorrow afternoon, I'm heading down to San Diego with Jacky and her mom and a boatload of IERC friends for the Hot Chocolate 15K. I haven't run a HC race since the inaugural Atlanta race in 2013, so I am way excited to tackle the hills through downtown San Diego and Balboa Park to earn some chocolate deliciousness!

 

I'll be pacing the 9:30 group out of the preferred corrals (as opposed to the open corrals), and am pretty pumped! The 15K now offers medals, which I'm also pretty pumped about! Hot Chocolate races offer a medal to the 15K finishers, and chocolate fondue and jackets to all participants - the swag is pretty hard to beat. 
4. Repeat Roses
I won't lie, I spend a good bit of time on Pinterest every day oggling over flowers and colors and oohing and aaahing over some pretty spectacular and gorgeous arrangements. I don't know about you, but I've always wondered how people spend hundreds on flowers that are used for a few hours... and then what?

Like all things meant to be, this popped up on my Facebook twice this week and I think it's just too fantastic not to share. What an amazing idea. 


Repeat Roses is based in New York, but you can bet yourself I'll find a way to pass flowers on, too. I just love this!

5. 500!
Happy 500th post to me! I can't believe this little blog is still going after three and a half years and I'm so grateful to all of you that read (or pretend to read) it! Amazing how it's gone from life in Georgia (first post ever!) to furniture refurbishing to running and all things inbetween! Crazy. 


What are you loving this fantastic Friday?




No comments:

Post a Comment